Monday 1 December 2008

Magic smile - Rosie Vela

Everyone who has a singles collection will recognise this: once you've heard an album you like, you'll want to have all the singles drawn from that album. Well, at least, I do. So after buying Rosie Vela's cd 'Zazu' in 1989, I started looking for her singles. It took me some time to collect them, but I finally started to see things going my way when I found 'Magic smile', the first single to be drawn from 'Zazu'.

'Magic smile' reached no. 27 in the UK singles chart in January 1987. In other countries it didn't reach the charts. Despite her great music, Rosie Vela was discarded by many so-called 'serious' critics because of her modeling career. When you listen to 'Magic smile', it's obvious that the former model was mistreated in this respect.

My collection: 7" single no. 2029
Found: House of rhythm, London, October 19, 1993
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Magic smile' / '2nd emotion'

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising