Wednesday 3 December 2008

Magic - Olivia Newton-John

Taken from the original motion picture soundtrack of 'Xanadu' featuring Electric Light Orchestra and Olivia Newton-John, 'Magic' is Olivia's second single from that soundtrack. The title track was a number one hit in the UK, and the third single 'Suddenly' made number 15. By comparison, 'Magic' did less well by only reaching no. 32.

It wasn't a bad track, though. Olivia's vocals are shimmering and the music is varied and melodic. I couldn't explain why it didn't do better. Personally I always liked the song and it was a nice surprise when I found the single in 1993.

My collection: 7" single no. 2053
Found: Record fair, Netherlands, November 20, 1993
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Magic' / 'Whenever you're away from me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising