Friday 19 December 2008

I knew you were waiting (for me) - Aretha Franklin and George Michael

George Michael released his first solo single while he was still in Wham! The fact that 'Careless whisper' became number one hit, may have been one of the factors that caused him to quit the band. After 'A different corner' had also reached the top spot, all eyes were on him. For his third solo single, he enlisted Aretha Franklin for a duet. And that helped him score the hattrick. Remarkably, it was Franklin's first and only number one hit in the UK.

The song was written by Dennis Morgan and Simon Climie. The latter was unknown at that point, but he would be part of the duo Climie Fisher, together with Rob Fisher, who'd previously been part of Naked Eyes.

My collection: 12" single no. 359
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 1999
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'I knew you were waiting (for me) (extended remix)' / 'I knew you were waiting (for me) (percapella)', 'I knew you were waiting (for me) (edited remix)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising