Saturday 13 December 2008

I didn't mean to turn you on - Robert Palmer

There was also a 12" version of 'I didn't mean to turn you on'. It appeared one day at discount price and with a totally different sleeve and three versions of the track, I simply had to have it. I was sortof disappointed when I played the record, though: Robert Palmer's voice sounded a bit weaker in this mix and it seemed to be an early version of the track. Later I would find out that remixer Bruce Forrest has done more bad remixes in his career. I'm not a fan of this guy.

'I didn't mean to turn you on' went to number 9 in the UK charts in the summer of 1986. Mariah Carey covered the track in 2001 for her ill-fated movie 'Glitter'. That version was produced by Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis, like the original version by Cherrelle. Robert's version was produced by Bernard Edwards (from Chic).

My collection: 12" single no. 43
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 7,95 guilders
Tracks: 'I didn't mean to turn you on (extended dance mix)', 'I didn't mean to turn you on (A cappella beats)' / 'I didn't mean to turn you on (dub version)', 'Addicted to love (LP version)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising