Saturday 13 December 2008

I didn't mean to turn you on - Robert Palmer

I first heard 'I didn't mean to turn you on' on television, as performed by Cherrelle. I wasn't impressed, although I have to admit now that I've seen that video again (it's here) I have to say I do like the very eighties funk.

Robert Palmer's version appeared not much later. His video was certainly more interesting (as you can see here), with all those dancing girls. (It was a variation on the 'Addicted to love' video (here it is!), where models were handling instruments as well.) His version of the song was better too. No wonder then, that I bought it as soon as I could.

My collection: 7" single no. 442
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, July 31, 1986
Cost: 6,5 guilders
Tracks: 'I didn't mean to turn you on' / 'Get it through your heart'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising