Wednesday 17 December 2008

Give me back my heart - Dollar

Trevor Horn was already doing production duties for Dollar when they released the single 'Give me back my heart'. This single is rather unique for proving the fact that even a producer like Trevor Horn can't rescue a song like this when it's performed by artists with limited vocal abilities. The whole affair sounds like two mediocre singers in an echo chamber.

I bought this single mainly because of Trevor Horn. Having grown accustomed to his style of producing I expected more of this single than I got. Not that he was to blame...

My collection: 7" single no. 3440
Found: Beanos, East Croydon, London, June 19, 2006
Cost: 20p
Tracks: 'Give me back my heart' / 'Pink and blue'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I agree with you about Dollar not being the most strong vocalists in the world. They always have been the underdog within the Guys 'n' Dolls.
    But....in the live version of 2004, I have been pleasantly surprised by David.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D84pgwVA8jw

    Regards,
    Franca

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising