Saturday 13 December 2008

Don't you want me baby - Mandy Smith

Mandy Smith was born on July 17, 1970 and forged a career as a model from an early age. In 1987, she signed to PWL and released a handful of singles produced by Stock Aitken and Waterman. Her first single, 'I just can't wait' generated a lot of press attention, just like her relationship with Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman, who was more than 30 years older than her. They married in 1989 and divorced only two years later.

'Don't you want me baby' was released just weeks before her marriage. According to the press release that was included with the single I bought, Mandy covered the Human League track because it is 'one of her all time favorites'. Personally, I prefer the B-side, which is a bit more bouncy and poppy.

My collection: 7" single no. 3063
Found: London, May 9, 1999
Cost: 50p
Tracks: 'Don't you want me baby' / 'If it makes you feel good'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising