Monday 22 December 2008

Cars ('E' Reg Model) - Gary Numan

Originally released in 1979, 'Cars' was remixed and re-released in 1987. The ''E' Reg Model' version featured more synth sounds and a fuller sound than the sparse original. According to Gary Numan, the song's lyrics were inspired by an incident of road rage: 'I was in traffic in London once and had a problem with some people in front. They tried to beat me up and get me out of the car. I locked the doors and eventually drove up on the pavement and got away from them. It's kind of to do with that. It explains how you can feel safe inside a car in the modern world... When you're in it, your whole mentality is different... It's like your own little personal empire with four wheels on it.'

My collection: 7" single no. 2841
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 5, 1997
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Cars ('E' Reg Model)' / 'Are 'Friends' Electric?'
Download: here

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising