Tuesday 2 December 2008

The Angler - Gary Brooker

Gary Brooker was born on May 29, 1945 in Hackney, East London. He founded Procol Harum in 1966 with his friend Keith Reid. They are best known for their worldwide hit 'A whiter shade of pale'. The band broke up in 1977. In 1979, Brooker joined Eric Clapton's band. When Clapton fired his entire band two years later, Gary Brooker decided to record a solo album. 'Lead me to the water' was released in 1982 and contained this single, 'The angler'. Amazingly, it didn't become a hit.

I have no idea where I heard 'The angler' for the first time, all I know is that I was very impressed when I did hear it. And I was really glad to find this single cheaply shortly afterwards.

My collection: 7" single no. 933
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1989
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'The angler' / 'Badlands'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising