Tuesday 18 November 2008

Waterloo - Abba

When I was a child, Abba was probably the most popular band in the world. I was always listening to them, whether it was on the records of my sister, on television or on the radio. I've bought the majority of their singles in my life, although I'm still not complete. When I bought this particular single, though, it was mostly for sentimental reasons. I don't think I ever played it. I don't think I could hear anything new if I played Waterloo once again.

This single was released in 2004 to commemorate the fact that Abba won the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest 30 years earlier. Sounds like a record company ploy, like most Abba releases these days. I think the third version of their 'Complete Albums' boxset was released recently. Thank God I'm not a hardcore Abba fan.

My collection: 7" single no. 3404
Found: hmv.co.uk website, 2004
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Waterloo' / 'Watch out'
Download: Album 'Waterloo', including these two tracks (password: sanmarino)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising