Sunday 23 November 2008

Tragedy and mystery - China Crisis

Another one of yesterday's finds is this twelve inch record. I've been listening more to China Crisis recently and I started to become curious about their extended remixes. They have never been compiled, and still there are quite a few around. My collection already contains a couple of those twelve inches, but this one I didn't have yet. I was very pleased to see that this version is longer than the single version, because it's such a beautiful song.

'Tragedy & mystery' was released in May 1983 and performed poorly in the charts: where Christian had gone to no. 12 in the UK earlier in the year, this one didn't come any higher than no. 46. There were enough formats around: there was a 7" single, a 7" picture disc and this 12" single, so the record company had done enough to promote the song. I'll never understand why such beautiful songs don't connect to bigger audiences...

My collection: 12" single no. 453
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 22, 2008
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Tragedy & mystery [extended]' / 'A golden handshake for every daughter'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising