Tuesday 18 November 2008

Rabbit - Chas & Dave

I knew a girl once who was always talking. She talked so much that my ears, and those of our mutual friends, started to bleed. I had to do something, and that's when I reached back into my record collection and recorded this song for her. It's got the great lines: Now you were just the kind of girl to break my heart in two / I knew right off when I first clapped my eyes on you / But how was I to know you'd bend my ear'oles too / With your incessant talking? / You're becoming a pest. When I asked about it, she confessed that she never really listened much to lyrics of songs, just the music. And so this little hint went right past her.

I bought the single a decade earlier, just because I liked it. I never heard much more about Chas & Dave until Tori Amos covered two songs of theirs in 1996.

My collection: 7" single no. 184
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1983
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Rabbit' / 'Uneasy feeling'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising