Friday 21 November 2008

I was made for lovin' you - Kiss

When I was asked what presents I wanted to have for my ninth birthday, I immediately replied that I would like some chart singles. They were too expensive for me to buy on my weekly allowance, but there were always titles that I desired. My wish was granted, and so I got Kiss for my birthday.

'I was made for lovin' you' was the nation's number one single at that time, and I was very proud that I had it. As a child you could believe that your purchase - even if someone else bought it for you - really mattered. The fact that the pressing came from France made my happiness even greater. Not that I understood the significance of different pressings, but France seemed like an exotic, far away country. The single itself, of course, is a classic.

My collection: 7" single no. 28
Found: Birthday present, August 31, 1979
Cost: nothing!
Tracks: 'I was made for lovin' you' / 'Hard times'
Download: Album 'Dynasty', including both tracks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising