Tuesday 25 November 2008

Free spirit - Kim Appleby

Kim Appleby released her last solo single 'Free spirit' in 1994. It was after she'd released two solo albums. The song was energetic enough, but didn't achieve the commercial success she must have anticipated.

Despite having followed her career ever since she rose to fame with her sister Mel as the dancepop duo Mel & Kim, I didn't know about this release when I found it in the shops in London that year. At first I bought the cd-single, but then discovered that the 12" single contained two remixes not included on the cd-single. Listening to it now, it still sounds fresh.

My collection: 12" single no. 240
Found: London, 1994
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'Free spirit [12" mix]', 'Free spirit (Tony King club remix)' / 'Free spirit (Sound of Stockwell dub)', 'Free spirit (Spiritual mix)'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou so much!

    I bought the CD single back in '94, but only recently discovered that there were 2 other mixes on the 12 inch.

    Great to hear these 2 mixes. They're "new" to me! :D

    I posted the CD single on my blog fairly recently: http://popgems.blogspot.com/2008/06/kim-appleby-free-spirit.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising