Sunday 16 November 2008

China in your hand - T'pau

The British band T'pau burst onto the scene in 1987 with this song, 'China in your hand'. It wasn't their first single, but it was certainly their biggest hit. In the Netherlands, it got to number one in early 1988, after having reached that same position in the UK. There was no doubt that this band would make it big...

I bought this single almost right after its release in the charts. I was pretty surprised when I found out, later on, that the single version was actually way better than the album version. I bought the album later on in 1988 and was very pleased that I owned the single to compensate for this.

The throwaway B-side 'No sense of pride' was an early indication of how the second album by T'pau would sound. Like the rest of their career, this single was a hit-and-miss affair.

My collection: 7" single no. 574
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1987
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'China in your hand' / 'No sense of pride'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising