Saturday 15 November 2008

Carmen Brasilia - Revolution System

I have a confession to make. I absolutely love Gershon Kingsley's 'Popcorn', and all the cover versions that have been released since that original track. Well, of course there are exceptions - who needs yet another techno reworking of 'Popcorn', and let's ignore that version by Crazy Frog shall we? - but I think it's one of the best instrumental tracks ever.

The obsession actually started with this single. It was one of the first singles I ever bought (it's number 10 in my current administration) and it's announced as 'Brand New Popcorn'. I must have known as a child what 'Popcorn' was, because that triggered the buying of this single. 'Carmen Brasilia' is an instrumental version, performed on a Moog synthesizer, based on the most famous part of the opera Carmen by Georges Bizet. The B-side of this single features the track 'Ooh Uggerdoo', most probably written by members of the group.
There's also a version by the group Anarchic System, which I finally bought in 1995. More on that one later...
My collection: 7" single no. 10
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, 1977
Cost: 1 guilder
Tracks: 'Carmen Brasilia' / 'Ooh Uggerdoo'
Download: here

3 comments:

  1. Hello. Could you PLEASE re-upload this? Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't find Ooh Uggerdoo anywhere, could you please upload this great track?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising